- Sponsor / Exhibit
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
May 16-17, 2018 | Alexandria, VA
The 2018 Border Security & Intelligence Summit will allow members of DHS and accompanying critical organizations the opportunity to discuss current initiatives to enhance border protection and advance intelligence capabilities. This summit will stimulate discussions about ways to eliminate transnational crime organizations and violent extremists from entering our borders, and highlight opportunities for effectively protecting our homeland, technological and intelligence capabilities required in order to succeed in keeping our nation safe.
2018 Confirmed Speakers Include:
David Glawe, Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis, Department of Homeland Security
Russell Travers, Acting Director, National Counterterrorism Center, ODNI
Ronald Vitiello , Acting Deputy Commissioner, US Customs and Border Protection
Mark Borkowski, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Acquisition, US Customs and Border Protection
Douglas Poole, Assistant Administrator and Chief of Intelligence, DEA
Why you should attend this year’s Summit:
- This educational summit will bring together senior leaders from DHS, military commands, and critical organizations to discuss the operational and strategic needs for enhancing border protection and advancing intelligence capabilities in an effort to protect our homeland.
- The main objective of this year’s summit is to highlight the current administration’s focus on the crucial need for advanced surveillance and intelligence capabilities. Discussions will center around initiatives and capabilities required to adequately support our nation’s border patrol professionals in keeping the citizens of the United States safe.
- This Summit will encourage discussion among senior leaders with the common goal of enhancing border security and effectively partnering with private industry to seek solutions for improved safety among our homeland. Join us in an honest, closed to the press, and non-attribution discussion to understand the significance of protecting our border from transnational crime and unlawful entry.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The 2018 Border Security & Intelligence Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here. Sponsors and Supporters page
Topics to be covered at the 2018 Summit:
- Efforts to increase operational effectiveness against threats to Border Security
- Addressing the gaps involved in inter-agency sharing to ensure information is properly spread to critical organizations
- Supporting senior policymakers with IC-coordinated assessments on critical issues affecting the nation
- Strategy and issues to ensure information sharing is successful in preventing transnational crime and terrorism activities
- Effectively partnering with industry to enhance resource including surveillance, electronic sensor alarms, and aircraft sightings
- Protecting the homeland by way of informing operators and decision-makers on effective means to counter violent extremism
- Ensuring technology can adequately meet mission needs and be solutions to closing existing gaps
- Capabilities needed to effectively detect and prevent transnational crime, terrorists and illegal trafficking
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing communications and networking leaders.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, IC, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.