- Sponsor / Exhibit
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
July 29-30, 2020 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s 8th Annual Border Security and Intelligence Summit will focus on the policies and technologies necessary to ensure the continued safety of the U.S. Homeland through the protection and security of our nation’s borders. The 2020 Summit topics will include the development of advanced technologies and solutions to enhance border protection, improvements and challenges to intelligence-sharing, and on-going operations to disrupt and degrade criminal networks through targeted enforcement on the border.
July 2020 Speakers Include:
- Chief Rodney Scott
- United States Border Patrol
- Monte Hawkins
- Director, National Vetting Center
- US Customs and Border Protection
- Peter J. Hatch
- Assistant Director Homeland Security Investigations
- Office of Intelligence, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Katie Sullivan
- Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General
- Office of Justice Programs (OJP), U.S. DoJ
- John Vehmeyer
- Director, Borders, Immigration and Maritime Division
- DHS S&T
- Hao-y Froemling
- Executive Director for Vetting, Transportation Security Administration/ Intelligence and Analysis
- U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Why You Should Attend This Summit:
DSI’s Border Security and Intelligence Summit will convene senior leadership from the homeland security, intelligence, and law enforcement communities to discuss the current challenges at the border, operational needs for enhancing border protection, and the advancement our intelligence collection and analysis abilities.
The aim of this year’s summit will be to highlight current efforts to advance the US surveillance and intelligence capabilities at the border and beyond. This educational summit will bring together senior leaders the homeland security, intelligence, and law enforcement communities to discuss the operational and strategic needs for enhancing border protection and advancing intelligence capabilities for homeland security. Discussions will focus on initiatives and capabilities required to better support our nation’s homeland security professionals in defending the integrity of the border and keeping Americans safe from the threats of illicit trade and travel.
Join us for an honest, open discussion between senior leaders across federal government, the US military, academia, and industry to better understand how be protect the border form transnational crime and unlawful trade and travel.
*Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
Topics to be Covered at the Summit:
- – Leveraging Intelligence Collection and Analysis to Mitigate Threats to the Homeland
- – Disrupting and Degrading TCOs Through Targeted Enforcement
- – Leveraging the U.S.-Mexico Relationship to Enhance Border Security
- – Enhancing Homeland Security through the Application of Biometric Identity Management
- – Transforming Cross-Border Travel with Security-Enhancing Technology
- – Supporting National Security by Preventing Migration-Related Illness at the Border
- – Facilitating Legitimate Global Trade and Travel while Maintaining Secure U.S. Borders
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Come away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing border security and intelligence leaders.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Impact: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- The 2020 Border Security & Intelligence Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external medical initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)